The Dedicant Path requires the following:
- Essays on my understandings of each of the following pagan virtues:
- Short essays on my understanding of each of the eight ADF high days
- The autumn equinox (first draft)
- Short book reviews on at least three books, one each from the following categories:
- Indo-European studies
- Study of a preferred ethnic group
- Book on modern paganism
- A brief description (with photos) of my home shrine
- An essay on my understanding of the “Two powers” meditation or other form of grounding.
- An essay or journal on my experience with medication and trance, for the purpose of building mental discipline
- An account of my efforts to work with nature, honor the Earth, and understand the impacts of my choices and lifestyle on the environment, as well as how to make a difference at the local level.
- A brief account of each high ritual I attend or perform in my time on the Dedicant Path. (All eight high days have to be represented, and at least four of them have to be in ADF style.)
- One essay describing my understanding and relationship to each of the Kindred.
- A brief account of my attempt to form a private spiritual practice drawn from one (or more) Indo-European culture.
- Text of my Dedicant’s Oath Rite, as well as a self-evaluation of my performance of the rite.